Burner Managment System
We have been working closely with Kiln Flame Systems (KFS), one of the UK’s leading suppliers on combustion equipment applications. Cepha provided the BMS solution to meet the KFS functional description for the burner systems installed at European paper mills as part of the paper making Kraft recovery process. KFS design and supply large scale industrial process burners specifically for rotary kiln applications. Their KFS OPTIMIXTM range of burners are typically 10-50MW and are capable of firing a wide range of fuels including natural gas, heavy fuel oil, petcoke, methanol, turpentine and (most recently) lignin, or combinations of these.
We developed solutions for the safety PLC, which is at the heart of the BMS, using:
- Siemens S7-300F
- Schneider XPS
- Hima Sella (H41Q)
The BMS solution is a main PLC cabinet with a local control panel (LCP) mounted next to the burner. The LCP is fitted with a Proface HMI for system information, fault diagnosis and operator control.
The BMS is provided with a gateway for interfacing to the Mill DCS system.
We currently have BMS solutions installed at:
- Sodra Cell Varo – Varberg, Sweden (Schneider, single BMS)
- Mondi Paper – Steti, Czech Republic (Siemens, single BMS)
- Portucell – Setubal, Portugal (Hima Sella, two BMS)
- ENCE - Huelva, Spain (Siemens, two BMS)
- ENCE – Navia, Spain (Siemens, two BMS)
- Mondi Paper – Swiecie, Poland (LCP for Honeywell Solution)
- Stora Enso – Kotka Finland (Siemens, two BMS)